HOW IT WORKS – IN SIMPLE TERMS
-Create an account and register to bid.
-Review horses up for auction, choose the horse you would like to bid on and simply bid by clicking the bid button (We recommend setting your maximum bid and allow the software to bid automatically for you – see more details below )
-If you win an auction – seller or Superior Horse Auction representative will contact you (or you can contact seller) directly to make payment and pickup/transport arrangements….and if you get out bid and lose an auction you do nothing more.
HOW TO CREATE AN ACCOUNT & REGISTER TO BID
FOR FIRST TIME Bidders:
Bidder Registration IS A SIMPLE TWO-PART PROCESS
1. How to Create An Account
– Click SIGN UP button on the top of Auction Page (or you can even click Register to bid that allows you to create a account first):
– Set up your name, email, and password. You will only do this ONCE.
– Please keep your username and password in a safe place. You will be financially responsible for all bids placed by a user that is logged in with your username and password.
2. How to Register to Bid
– Log in using your username and password (or if you are already logged in)
– Click on the REGISTER Button
– Please verify all contact information is accurate.
– Click the box next to “Agree to Terms & Conditions of Sale” and “I am 18 years of age or older”
– Click REGISTER – NOW YOU’RE READY TO BID!
BELOW YOU WILL FIND HELPFUL AUCTION AND BIDDING TIPS
PLACING A BID
– Click on the “PLACE BID” button for the horse that you would like to bid on.
Next Bid is … indicates what the next bid needs to be in order to be the next highest bidder. Bids are set in increment amounts.
Click only once to place a bid, Your bid will be visible the next time your page refreshes.
MAX BID OR AUTOMATIC BID
*RECOMMENDED – With Automatic bidding you can enter your maximum bid, then sit back and watch. When you set your Maximum Bid the auction software automatically bids on your behalf up to your maximum bid. If the specific auction ends for less than your maximum, that’s all you will have to pay. You won’t have to keep coming back to re-bid every time another bid is placed. Your maximum is kept confidential from other bidders.
The system will only bid up to your maximum amount as necessary to maintain you as the high bidder. If another bidder has a higher maximum, you’ll be outbid. But, if no other bidder has a higher maximum, you win the specified horse.
PLEASE review your Bid BEFORE you click the BID button.
Using the single Bid button will not be as quick as using the MAX BID.
Due to slow internet & mobile connections, we cannot guarantee last second bids will get through every time, so please don’t hesitate when bidding one bid at a time. We strongly suggest utilizing the automatic/max bid button to ensure your bids are accepted and not delayed.
A Soft Close is used: if a bid is placed during the last 3 minutes on the time clock, the system will go into EXTENDED BIDDING, and additional 2 minutes will be added to the clock to allow the under-bidder to respond. Bidding will not close until the specified time period passes without a bid being placed. Watch the time clock on the page of the specified horse to determine how much time remains.
BUYER PAYMENT AND RELEASE OF HORSE:
After the auction has ended, you will be contacted either by Superior Horse Auction or seller after your winning bid. PAYMENT CONFIRMATION IS REQUIRED BY THE DAY OF OR NEXT BUSINESS AFTER YOUR WINNING BID. NO horse will be allowed to be transported before payment has cleared. All transactions are made between buyer and seller. Credit Card payments are only available if seller offers that option.
Payment Options are:
1. Bank Wire Transfer (RECOMMENDED)- must send confirmation of wire the day of or next business day after your winning bid.
2. Credit Card – add 3% fee
3. Overnighted US cashier check or US Money Order– must send a tracking number the day of or the next business day after your winning bid.
– ALL Payment is made directly to the Seller
– You will be contacted either by Superior Horse Auction or seller after your winning bid.
You may pick up your purchase in person or directly work with the seller to arrange transport anywhere in the US.
Each auction lasts approximately 10-14 days and within that time prospective buyers can call and talk directly to the owners of the horse and discuss their specific traits and decide if they could be the correct horse for them. In addition to speaking with the sellers the prospective buyers have the option to make arrangements with the seller and test ride specified horses before they bid. Buyers cannot test ride the horse(s) after you win an auction. (Please do it before Auction closes) Superior Horse auction sternly recommends riding the horse before purchase and vet checking the horse before purchase.
ATTENTION: WHEN YOU REGISTER AND/OR BID YOU ARE AGREEING TO SUPERIOR HORSE AUCTIONS’S Terms and Conditions
HOW IT WORKS – THE CONDITIONS OF SALE
CONDITIONS OF SALE TERMS – WARRANTIES – BUYING PROCEDURE – SETTLEMENT FOR ALL SUPERIOR HORSE AUCTION’S LIVE AUCTIONS – ONLINE VIDEO AUCTIONS – TIMED AUCTIONS
1. GOVERNING LAW – Superior Horse Auctions– A NV Corporation
2. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY – SUPERIOR HORSE AUCTION is an independent contractor regularly engaged in the business of conducting online timed consignment sales of horses and is recognized as “sale management”. These sales provide a public means via live, online video and/or timed auctions, to bring together a seller and a buyer for the purpose of completing the sale of a specified horse. SUPERIOR HORSE AUCTION holds no ownership interest in any horse offered for sale, and is not responsible for any liability whatsoever, including, but not limited to, the loss, damage, injury, death or illness of any horse, person or property before, during or after the sale. In the event of any legal dispute between a buyer and owner, SUPERIOR HORSE AUCTION will occupy the position of agent for a disclosed principal and stakeholder and will be discharged from all obligation upon delivery of any property and/or funds held, to a court having jurisdiction of such dispute EACH HORSE OFFERED IN THIS SALE IS SOLD “AS IS” AND WITH ALL DEFECTS, KNOWN or UNKNOWN. OWNERS, BIDDERS AND BUYERS CONSENT TO RECEIVE ELECTRONIC MESSAGES PERTINENT TO ANY AND ALL AUCTION BUSINESS VIA TEXT, EMAIL AND PHONE WHICH MAY BE SENT THROUGH AN AUTOMATIC SYSTEM FROM SUPERIOR HORSE AUCTION AND ITS AFFILIATES.
3. BUYER REGISTRATION/PRE-SALE PURCHASE ARRANGEMENTS – Every potential buyer must pre-register prior to bidding. SUPERIOR HORSE AUCTION RESERVES THE RIGHT TO ACCEPT OR REJECT ANY REQUEST FOR BUYER OR OWNER PARTICIPATION ON SUPERIOR HORSE AUCTION’S ONLINE TIMED AUCTION. Non-US Bidders – Foreign buyers are welcome. To participate please note US funds and a form of positive identification are necessary. ALL PAYMENTS MUST BE MADE TO THE OWNER. Methods of payment accepted from all buyers are:
1. US Bank wire transfer (RECOMMENDED)
2. US Cash
3. Mastercard, Visa, Discover & American Express.(IF Seller Accepts Credit Card)
A $150 office processing/buyers transaction fee will be added to the final bid for any horse purchased to determine the total purchase price. As a bidder if you win an auction you are required to make all arrangements with the seller within 24 hours at the end of the auction, contact the seller and make all necessary payment and transport arrangements with the seller of the horse. SUPERIOR HORSE AUCTION is not responsible for making these arrangements.
A CONVENIENCE FEE OF 3% WILL BE CHARGED FOR ALL CREDIT CARD PURCHASES, TO BE PAID BY THE BUYER AS PART OF THE PURCHASE PRICE, IF SELLER ACCEPTS CREDIT CARDS.
4. ALL ONLINE DISPLAYED HORSE INFORMATION ERRORS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS ALL ELIGIBILITIES NOTED WITHIN SUPERIOR HORSE AUCTION SITE HAVE BEEN PROVIDED BY THE OWNER AND HAVE NOT BEEN VERIFIED BY SUPERIOR HORSE AUCTION- The accuracy of all information regarding all horses is the sole responsibility of the owner. While certain information may have been procured by SUPERIOR HORSE AUCTION from third parties on behalf of the owner, it is nonetheless solely the responsibility of the owner to verify the accuracy of such information. SUPERIOR HORSE AUCTION, nor any representative thereof, assumes any responsibility or liability for errors or omissions, or for any verbal or written statement regarding the horse sold. If a prospective buyer is not sure about the displayed information regarding a horse up for bidding, he should immediately consult with the owner.
5. WARRANTIES & EXPRESSED LIMITED WARRANTIES BUYERS ARE ENCOURAGED TO PRE-INSPECT AND ARE CAUTIONED TO CAREFULLY EXAMINE ANY HORSE PRIOR TO BIDDING OR PURCHASING – Potential buyers, at their expense, have the option to have a veterinary examination performed on any horse prior to the close of bidding. Owner’s permission must be obtained prior to any such examination. BUYERS CANNOT HAVE WHAT IS KNOWN AS A COMPLETE PRE-SALE VETERINARY EXAMINATION OF ANY HORSE AFTER PURCHASE. There is no warranty express or implied by SUPERIOR HORSE AUCTION or any representative as to the soundness, condition, merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose of any horse offered for sale. It is the position of SUPERIOR HORSE AUCTION that all horses are sold “AS IS” with all existing conditions and defects. Any guarantees announced verbally on behalf of the owner are strictly between owner and buyer. In addition to speaking with the sellers the prospective buyers have the option to go and test ride any horse before they bid. BEFORE the auction ends is the time to go test the horses out, NOT after you win an auction. 48 HOUR RULE BUYERS CANNOT HAVE A VETERINARIAN PERFORM WHAT IS KNOWN AS A COMPLETE PRE-SALE EXAMINATION OF ANY HORSE AFTER PURCHASE.
6. OWNERS RIGHT TO BID -This auction is conducted “with reserve”, meaning the right to bid is reserved by the owner. To protect the desired sale price for the horse. SUPERIOR HORSE AUCTION reserves the right to bid on the behalf of the owner up to the amount of the reserve bid.
7. BIDDING PROCESS, DISPUTES, MALFUNCTIONS – SUPERIOR HORSE AUCTION reserves the right to reject any and all bids. Should any dispute arise between two or more bidders, SUPERIOR HORSE AUCTION, LLC shall settle said dispute and that decision shall be absolute, final and binding on all parties. In the event of known equipment malfunction, the auction will be stopped. If the malfunction has not affected the sale of horses sold prior to the malfunction, they will be considered sold. The auction will proceed upon correction of the malfunction. When bidding on a horse as a bidder you have the option to compete in the auction and place one bid at a time or just put in a maximum bid and allow the proxy bid software to bid the lowest amount possible on your behalf each time you are outbid. Each auction will have a scheduled end time/date but be aware that during the last 10 minutes of the auction that 3 minutes will be added to the clock every time that a bid is placed so that there is no chance of a last-second “sniper” bid which is so common on other bidding sites as time expires.
8. TITLE AND RISKS – Title transfers immediately to the buyer at the final and winning bid. Title transfer includes all risk of loss including but not limited to illness, injury or death of the horse. Additionally, at title transfer, the buyer assumes all responsibility for the care and maintenance of the horse, for any loss or damage to property and for injury or death of persons caused by the horse, buyer or buyer’s employees. Additionally, the buyer agrees to hold harmless SUPERIOR HORSE AUCTION for such loss or damage. TITLE AND RISKS ARE ASSUMED BY THE BUYER WHETHER OR NOT SETTLEMENT AND DELIVERY HAVE BEEN MADE. THIS SHALL ESPECIALLY BE THE CASE WITH PURCHASES MADE BY PHONE OR ONLINE.
9. PERSONAL FUNDS LIABILITY – Writers of any returned check or disputed credit card purchases will be turned over to the local district attorney and will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. In addition to a $50.00 NSF charge, there will be a $500.00 fee for all returned checks that are not repaid by banking wire transfer within one day of the return date of the check.
10. DEFAULT – Buyers who fail in any respect whatsoever to pay for any horse under these terms shall be declared in default. Any horse purchased by a defaulter may be resold by the seller at public or private sale without notice for the buyer’s account. Costs of such resale will be those of the defaulter. Should such resale fail to satisfy the defaulter’s account in full, the defaulter will immediately pay to the seller, the amount owing or be subject to legal suit. The defaulter will be responsible for all costs, including attorney’s fees incurred by seller or SUPERIOR HORSE AUCTION in collection of amounts owing for horse(s) purchased, or in enforcement or interpretation of this term of sale.
11. LIEN/SECURITY INTEREST – To secure the payment of the purchase price and expenses for any horse purchased, together with all other indebtedness owed or hereafter owing by the buyer to seller the buyer hereby grants a purchase money security interest and lien in and to each horse and all accounts, contract rights, registration papers, breeder’s certificates, records, general intangibles, proceeds and products relating thereto.
12. TRANSFERS/REGISTRATION CERTIFICATES – NO REGISTRATION CERTIFICATES FOR PURCHASED HORSES WILL BE RELEASED UNTIL PAYMENT IS RECEIVED AND CLEARED. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO EXCEPTION TO THIS RULE. ALL PAPERWORK WILL BE HELD BY SELLER UNTIL BUYER’S PAYMENT BECOMES UNCONDITIONAL PAYMENT.
13. POST SALE REMOVAL – All sold horses must be removed from the sellers property in a timely fashion as agreed between buyer and seller. The seller will give the buyer 7 days to move the horse, board will accrue after that at a rate determined by the seller. Sold Horses on the sellers property remain at the risk, responsibility, and expense of the buyer including any vet, farrier, dental or any other expenses that have incurred. Seller claims no responsibility or expense for injury or death to the horse once it is purchased. Any delays in TRANSPORT must be pre-approved by the seller OR You may pick up your purchase in person. Each seller will be able to work with the buyers TO ARRANGE TRANSPORTATION at buyers expense with a TRANSPORT company if needed, to any state or Canada. International TRANSPORT is also an option at buyers expense.